Thanks to Rudy Watcher for calling attention to the New York Daily News article 9/11 coalition set to ‘Swift-boat’ Rudy Giuliani today by Jordan Lite, Monday, September 24th 2007.
A coalition of 9/11 families and rescue workers plans to continue efforts to derail former Mayor Rudy Giuliani’s bid for President at a midtown fund-raiser today.
“[Giuliani] wasn’t a hero on 9/11. He was a failure on 9/11,” Riches said.
“On the body of my dead son, he’s running for President.”
Giuliani’s handling of the terrorist attack and its aftermath has become a flash point as he campaigns for the GOP presidential nomination. Critics say his reputation as “America’s Mayor” glosses over pre-9/11 policies that cost lives in the twin towers and on The Pile.
Riches’ group, 9/11 Parents and Families of Firefighters and WTC Victims, claims faulty radios and a lack of communication between firefighters and police officers prevented responders from escaping from the buildings when they were about to fall. It also charges that Giuliani’s statements about air quality at the site allowed workers there to get sick.
Looking for more information about this group, I found the following:
- Some 9/11 groups want Giuliani silent at ceremony by Daniel Trotta, Reuters, Wed. Aug. 29, 2007
- The Legacy of Shame at Ground Zero: Where Are Our Loved Ones? by 9/11 Parents & Families of Firefighters & WTC Victims & The Skyscraper Safety Campaign, July 3, 2007, on Voices of September 11
- Links to various family group sites and other 9/11-related sites on the website of the Marriott WTC Survivors Group
- Coalition of 9/11 Families, which seems to have re-named itself the “World Trade Center United Family Group”
- Skyscraper Safety Campaign
The organization “9/11 Parents and Families of Firefighters and WTC Victims” does not seem to have a website.